TERMS AND CONDITIOnS
Do you have what it takes to be Australia’s Next Gamer? Make this dream a reality! We’re giving one lucky Australian the chance to win $10,000 and a contract with an esports team.
Follow these steps to win:
Submit your details via thenextgamer.tv
Be available between August 12th 2017 and August 16th 2017 to play online in the semi-finals
Selected contestants must be available to be in Sydney from August 19th to September 6th.
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is being run by Marquee Productions PTY LTD
( ABN: 168 154 818) of 100 Harris St, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009 (”Promoter”)
3. The Promotion starts 2nd August 2017. Entries close and must be received by 23:59 on 9th August 2017. (“Promotion Period”)
Who Can Enter?
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents 18 and over, (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees or contractors of the Promoter and other companies associated with the Promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Currently contracted OPL and OCS players and substitutes are not eligible to enter.
5. To enter you must fill out the application form on The Next Gamer’s website including a 1-4 minute video of yourself outlining why you want to be Australia’s next professional gamer.
7. By entering the promotion you:
a. Warrant that your entry is your own original work and does not infringe any third party rights;
b. Grant the Promoter (and the Promoter’s related bodies corporate, agents, licensees and assignees) a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, transferable and irrevocable licence to use, modify, adapt, publish and sublicense your entry anytime, anywhere ad by any means without compensation; and
c. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect or illegible will be deemed invalid.
Prizes and Judging
8. Each entry will be individually judged according to its merits on the basis of skill and creativity as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion
9. There is only 10 prizes to be part of the Next Gamer in Sydney. The prize entitles the recipient to:
- Flights, accommodation, meals,
10. The Prizes will be awarded to the Eligible entrants judged to have the most skill and creative entry.
11. The Decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Winners will be notified by email within 12 hours of judging, as well as on our Twitter, and in any publicity relating to the competition.
13. If the prize remains unclaimed after 12 hours of being notified by the latter of email, or a winner is disqualified in accordance with these terms and conditions, the prize will be forfeited and distributed to another Eligible Entrant at the discretion of the Promoter.
14. By accepting the Prize, you agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The Promoter reserves the right to use your comments, image and name for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity without compensation.
15. All other expenses associated with the prize are the responsibility of the winners.
16. You must be available for The Next Gamer from August 12th to August 16th for the preliminary round and August 19th to September 6th for Sydney.
17. We reserve the right, at any time, and in our sole discretions to (a) request entrants to provide proof of identity and/or proof of valid entry. (b) we have the right to disqualify any entrant who we have reason to believe had breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
18. If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available.
19. To the extent permitted by law, The Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the prize winners, and where applicable to any persons accompanying the prize winners. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize.
20. By entering the Promotion, you agree that we may use the personal information we collect from you:
a. To conduct this promotion, including determining and notifying the winners and disclosing that information to prize suppliers; and
b. For future marketing purposes in any media, including contacting you after this promotion ends.